Benefits of drinking mineral water
There are many benefits of drinking mineral water, and mineral springs are often recommended to treat a wide range of disorders, including problems with the stomach and small intestine such as gastroenteritis, ulcers and constipation. They are real “Healing Springs”
The healing spring water is used to heal a wide range of aliments, in specific health resorts. In some parts of the world, people take highly mineralized water as part of a 10 – 12 day cure. Of course, this has to be done with a medical prescription and under supervision.
- Potassium found in some spring water regulates blood pressure and prevents muscle contractions/cramp.
- Water rich in calcium strengthens bones and teeth, reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- When drank, sulphur water can cure chronic gastritis, enterocolitis and intestinal dyspepsia
- Magnesium is one of the minerals which is deficient in most of our diets and is necessary for our metabolism.
- Iodine in salt water is recommended in rheumatic diseases and can also treat chronic gynecological disorders.
- Drinking carbonated spring waters over a 4-week period has also been shown to reduce stomach acid, which is beneficial to patients with chronic gastritis, inflammation of the duodenum or a stomach ulcer.